Top 10 Things To Do In MontrealFebruary 4, 2015 • By Kimberly B
Although Montreal is a city with endless possibilities, I’m going to give you the top 10 things that you have to see if you get the opportunity to visit!
- Musée des Beaux-Arts – Though there are many museums to see in the city, if culture and history is what you are looking for, the Musée des Beaux-Arts is at the top of the list of museums to visit.
- Muséed’Art Contemporain – If you don’t have time to see all the museums that you might like to in the great cultural city of Montreal, and you are forced to make a choice, then the Muséed’Art Contemporain is the best choice, hands-down!
- McGill University – For those that like to visit the places once inhabited by famous people, I recommend McGill University. Star Trek’s William Shatner and the singer and poet famous for the song “Hallelujah”, Leonard Cohen both attended this University at one time.
- Biodôme – For the kids there is plenty to do in Montréal but one that is loved by all who visit is the Biodôme! Most kids love animals and learning about animals, and for those kids the Biodôme will be a place they will want to come back to time and time again.
- La Ronde – For the kids that are into excitement, sheer terror and fun, then the biggest amusement park in Québec,La Ronde is your Valhalla!
- The Net – If you love seafood then you cannot skip a meal at “The Net”, a wonderful seafood restaurant with Chef YazuOkasaki in its kitchen.
- La Barberie – Once your stomach is full, it’s safe to take a trip to the famous brewery, La Barberie. This is my personal favorite thanks to their, “Eight beer carousel”, which allows you to sample the best brews the brewery has available.
- Le Cercle – Montréal is definitely not lacking nightlife, but the one place you just have to go to is Le Cercle. It has multiple functions and venues, so check out their website for information on what you can expect to see. Definitely a place to go to if you want to be part of the “in crowd“!
- The Underground Pedestrian Network – This is the place to be for shop till you drop action! If you are looking for a gift for someone else, or looking for presents for yourself this where u want to go in Montréal for a shopping extravaganza!
- Skyventure – Finally, attraction at the top of my list, the totally awesome, Skyventure!! This skydive simulator blasts you with 110 km/h winds giving you the skydive sensation without actually having to jump out of an airplane! An adrenaline packed excursion, worth visiting each time you are near it. It’s a ride you’ll never forget!